WHAT'S A COACH?
WHAT IS A LIFE COACH?
A life coach is like a sculptor who can observe with precision the potential you hold with the ability to achieve all that you desire. A Life Coach works with the clients to help them achieve goals, overcome obstacles and make life lasting changes leading to extraordinary results. A Coach works with a client as a partner, knowing that the client has the ability to create the changes they seek. The client can be an individual or a group and the topic can range from life balance to professional achievements.
Through specific strategies and skills, the coach helps you define yourself and to create a life vision. Coaches help you focus, provide direction, challenge you, support you, motivate you and celebrate with you. A Life Coach will help you create a plan, with detail action steps and then hold you accountable for following through. They use skills that include observation, active listening, asking empowering questions, challenging and motivation. Coaching is based on the principle that the client has full capacity to determine and achieve their goals. Everything is based on the present and what you want to achieve moving forward.
Coaches work with all types of clients, from people who are full of momentum and want to take life to the next level to people who are stuck and need a coach to nudge them in the right direction.
Generally, Life Coaches meet with their clients face to face. This can be based on the preference of the coach or the client or the type of coaching being delivered. For example, executive coaching is often delivered face to face at the workplace of the client. A coaching session will last 45-60 minutes, depending on the coach.
WHY DOES LIFE COACHING WORK?
“Coaches have the ability to view things from afar. In what some call helicopter vision, coaches can give new light on difficult situations. Often they can act as a sounding board through tough decisions, help sharpen skills, and motivate.” -CFO Magazine-
Life Coaching increases productivity by 88%. Here is why:
1. ACCOUNTABILITY. Most life coaches meet once a week with their clients. These regularly scheduled sessions prompt clients to get more done. Think about it, if you work out with a personal trainer at the gym, you work much harder than on your own. You are less likely to give up and more likely to give a 100%. Clients take bigger actions, set bigger goals and think bigger when they work with a professional Coach.
2. EXPERTISE. The trained Life Coach knows how to help you set the right goals, make more money, and structure your personal and professional life to achieve greater productivity with less effort. You’ll achieve more in less time with the input of a credited Life Coach on your side.
3. DELIVERY. A well-trained coach knows how to use the right words so that you are naturally motivated. It doesn’t take brow-beating or nagging when you are working with a skilled Life Coach. The experience is challenging and up lifting. You’ll look forward to your weekly sessions with your Life Coach.
4. SPEED. Most people start getting results very quickly after hiring a Life Coach.
Who works with a life coach?
Entrepreneurs, executives, business leaders, actors, musicians, creative people, managers, small business owners, start-ups, professionals and home makers all reach their goals with the help of a life coach. If there is a gap between where you are now and where you want to be, there is room for life coaching. Not only will your Life Coach help you close the gap, your Life Coach will help you break through your limited beliefs and challenge you to think bigger.
What would you work on with a life coach?
· Setting and achieving goals and objectives
· Planning — business, career and life
· Blasting through blocks and fears
· Clearing clutter
· Financial security and independence
· Balancing business and personal life
· Making key decisions and designing strategies for success
· Communicating powerfully and succinctly
· Becoming a problem-free zone
· Building powerful relationships
· Breaking through the glass ceiling
· Getting promoted
· Finding the ideal career/work or business
· Finding the ideal partner/love/relationship
· Getting out of a rut
· Making an important life transition
· Starting a business
· Growing a business
· Living an ideal life
· Identifying core values and passions
· Fulfilling personal and emotional needs
· Getting organized
· Making more money
· Having loads more time to enjoy life
· Playing, having adventures, and a lot more fun!
· And much, much more…